1055 West 7th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Jordan Raphael is an experienced commercial litigator whose practice focuses on intellectual property matters such as trademark litigation and prosecution, patent litigation, copyright law, and IP licensing.
Jordan has represented domestic and international companies across diverse industries including technology, consumer electronics, apparel, and grocery, among others. He believes that not all disputes should be resolved in court and that oftentimes a quick, creative resolution best serves his clients’ needs.
Jordan has contributed several articles on intellectual property issues to a variety of publications including the Oxford University Press publication, “Trademark & Unfair Competition Law.” He was selected to the Super Lawyers Rising Stars List for Intellectual Property in 2016 and 2017.
Before founding Byron | Raphael LLP, Jordan spent ten years as an attorney with the law firm of O’Melveny & Myers LLP.
- California State Bar
- US District Court, Central, Northern, Eastern and Southern Districts of California
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- University of Southern California, J.D.: Order of the Coif; Senior Editor, Southern California Law Review
- University of Southern California, M.A., Journalism
- McGill University, B.A., Mathematics and English: joint honors; Dean’s Honor Roll
- adidas America, Inc. v. Skechers, Inc. (D. Or.)
- Lifeway Foods, Inc. v. Millennium Products, Inc. (C.D. Cal.)
- Free Kick Master LLC v. Apple Inc. (N.D. Cal.)
- Quiksilver Inc. v. Rox Volleyball Inc. (C.D. Cal.)
- Hitachi Consumer Electronics Co., Ltd. v. Top Victory Electronics (Taiwan) Co., Ltd. (E.D. Tex.)
- Quiksilver Inc. v. World Marketing Inc. (C.D. Cal. & 9th Cir.)
- Gucci America, Inc. v. Guess?, Inc. (S.D.N.Y.)